ciput - ciput mengusha

14 March 2011

Waktu Rehat at Disney









GUESS who we managed to catch up with? That friendly bunch of students from Sekolah Menengah Jalan Mas. Yeah, the cast of our very own Waktu Rehat. Well since our issue is about Working Teenagers, we thought who better than the cast to tell you what it means to be a working teen.

Q : How did you first get involved in Waktu Rehat?

Elfira : I found out about the casting from my friends.

Sweet : I was involved in a little theatre. And they called me and asked me if I wanted to join Waktu Rehat, so of course I said yes and here I am.


Ashmen: I had to audition and a few days later they called.

Q : Were there lots of people at the audition?

Elfira: No, it was a private audition, they asked me to come at a specific time.

Q: What were your reactions when you were cast? Who found out first, you or your parents?

Elfira: They called my parents first. They were the ones who actually asked me to audition. So when my parents told me that I had got the part, I was screaming and just so happy.

Sweet: Yes, I agree with Elfira, screaming, jumping up and down.(laughs)

Nasiruddin : I was excited when I found out. I mean, it’s a Disney Channel show, so it’s a very big deal to us.

Ashmen : Yes, my mom told me the good news. She was actually jumping up and down! She loves actors. So yes, we were both very happy. My dad is in Austria now, so he doesn’t know.(laughs). I haven’t broken the news to him yet. When he comes back. Maybe. (laughs)


Q : Have your friends been treating you differently since Waktu Rehat?

Nasiruddin: I only have three really close friends, others are just normal schoolmates. They’ve been very understanding and supportive. They told me to just do my best. When I don’t show up for school, they’ll call and tell me what I missed and give me the homework.
Ashmen: My friends, not really. At first they didn’t know that I was in Waktu Rehat and I didn’t tell them, so when they found out it was like “Dude,you’re gonna be in Waktu Rehat?!” and I was like “Umm......yeah.” and they were like “Dude, that’s awesome!”. (laughs)


Q : How do you juggle studies, acting, homework, tuition, and being a teenager?

Elfira : I think you get used to it. At the beginning, it was a little hard but as the show went on, we all got used to things. We shoot during the school holidays actually. You have to wake up at 5am and the shoot goes on as late as 2am. But most of the time, it’s after school. It’s actually a rule, that teenagers in show business who are shooting during school months, have to be given a 2-hour break period to study.


Q : Did you manage to achieve your academic goals?

Sweet : For UPSR actually, I got 4 As and 1B and the B was for science. But I was satisfied with the results. Hey, at least it wasn’t worse. (laughs)
Ashmen : Yes! It’s just science, right? (high-fives Sweet)


Q : What’s your shooting schedule like?

Elfira : Well each scene takes around two hours to shoot. Sometimes it’ll start at 2pm and end at 5pm. There’s no fixed schedule though, it’s quite random actually.

Q : Any particular episode that really challenged you?
Sweet : The musical episode! We had to learn the choreography a whole month before shooting.

Q: Who among you has two left feet?
Ashmen : I would probably say, me. (laughs).

Q: How do you overcome challenges?
Ashmen,Sweet,Elfira,Nasiruddin: Teamwork!!

Q: Any views on teenagers working part-time?
Ashmen: I think if you can juggle things, then it’ll be ok. The money can be saved and even used in future for studies.

Q : Have you ever felt like giving up on acting?
Elfira: Yes, at times when I really get impatient but I definitely enjoy acting.
Sweet: No, I’ve always liked acting and have loads of fun!

Q : Do you have any specific role models?
Elfira : Well, I like Selena Gomez!
Ashmen: Another Selena Gomez fan here. I really admire Johnny Depp too.
Nasiruddin : Yes, Johnny Depp is one awesome guy.

Q : What did you spend your first pay cheque on?
Elfira : I got myself a handphone!
Sweet : Oh, I went shopping.
Ashmen : Shopping too!
Nasiruddin: I got a PSP!

Q : And your priority?
Waku Rehat Cast: Studies definitely come first!

Q : Do you find it difficult to complete homework?
Ashmen : No, I practically finish all my homework in school. So, I don’t exactly have a problem.

Q : Any advice to teen interested in acting?
Waktu Rehat Cast: You must be brave enough and never give up no matter what challenges you face. Besides, you have to learn how to manage your time properly even though it can be pretty challenging. Time for studies is to be allocated. Lastly, you must always take the initiative to improve your acting skills if you want to be successful.

• Second Waktu Rehat kicks off its second season on 12 March at 4.50 pm and 5.30pm on Disney channel (astro channel 615)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...